- Create a login and profile on the FIRST website which includes
a) creating an account,
- You will need to agree to the Terms & Conditions AND the Consent & Release
- For Volunteering at a NorCal Championship, check which Roles are available first before applying.
- We recommend to apply For 1 or 2 Roles at most — and not to select the “Assign me as needed”. For team volunteers, you only need to apply for a specific volunteer role at the tournament that your team is attending.
- Select FIRST LEGO League (FLL) program and in search box, type “NorCal” event. You can also search by the exact name of the tournament.
- Not sure the name of the tournament? All of our events are listed both on the firstinspires.org Events page as well as playingatlearning.org FLL Events page
- Not sure what roles are available? Details of the NorCal FLL Qualifier Volunteer Roles, NorCal Championship Roles
- Note that a few qualifier tournaments do not need any help from Team Volunteers – so the Tournament Director or Volunteer Coordinator will likely be communicating directly with you and/or the team coach
- For Championship tournaments, each team must fill an effective full day volunteer AND to get credit, you must identify which team that you are volunteering for.
- You must complete the background screening with Verified Volunteers. Note that you do not need to provide your Taxpayer ID (SSN) or pay anything for the screening
- Once your background screening is complete and you are marked as “Passed”, you can then be Assigned into a role by a Volunteer Coordinator for that tournament.
- You will received a custom email (from the FIRST system), with the assignment information along with the instructions on attending the training webinar for General Volunteers. The email will typically have the subject line, “FIRST Notification of Event Volunteer Assignment Status”.
- IMPORTANT: Team-affiliated Volunteers may not apply to be any kind of Judge or Referee
- Judge Roles include Judge Advisor, Head Judge, Core Values Judge, Project Judge, Robot Judge, Judge Assistant
- Referee Roles include Head Referee, Referee (and sometimes listed as Game Referee)