NorCal FLL Program Policies
- NorCal FLL Tournament Payment Policy – No Refunds.
- Specifically if your team declines to participate in a tournament due to date or location or similar issue, we will not refund your payment to Playing At Learning.
- Only Exceptions
- If the team backs out of participating in NorCal BEFORE registering for any tournament list (even as a Wait List team), we will refund the $85 tournament payment and $50 of the NorCal Region Support fee.
- If Playing At Learning does not have sufficient capacity for your team to participate in the NorCal FLL region at any qualifier tournament, we will refund the $85 for the tournament payment and $50 of the NorCal Region Support fee.
- If your team contests the paypal charge or stops payment on a check for any reason, your team will not be able to participate in future season until the previous Region Support fees are paid AND a certified check or similar that guarantees payment is received.
- NorCal FLL Tournament Pit Practice Table Policy
- NorCal FLL Tournament Cancellation Policy
- NorCal FLL Team Tournament Participation Policy
- NorCal FLL Official Volunteer Policy
- FIRST LEGO League Tournament Advancement Policy – teams advance according to the Champion’s Award criteria as published by FIRST . [Judging FAQ #2) (Advancement Rates for 2015, 2014)
- FIRST LEGO League Team Tournament Feedback Policy – as specified by FIRST, teams only have access to the robot game scores and their own team’s rubric-based feedback.
- FIRST LEGO League Team Participation Rules
REMINDER: As stated in the NorCal FLL Official Volunteer Policy: All tournament decision-making officials ( the referee and judge crews) must be adults [post high school and over 18 years old] that are not affiliated with any registered FLL team (competing or not) in any way for this season – for example, this means that any parent, sibling, funder/sponsor, relative, current teacher, coach, mentor, etc of a registered team may not volunteer as a JUDGE or a REFEREE.